Banana, Coconut, and Lime… What more do you need?!
What do you get when you banana, lime and coconut into a cake?! The answer, this delicious masterpiece!
- 3⁄4 cup light canola margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1lime, zest and juice
- 1⁄2cup skim milk
- 3 large overripe bananas, mashed
- 1.5 cups SR flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2⁄3cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees, then grease and line two loaf tins.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the margarine & sugar until light & fluffy. Ad eggs one at a time and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add lime zest, 1TBSP lime juice, milk & mashed bananas, then whisk together until well combined. Add this mix to the margarine mix and combine.
- Add the flours and coconut and fold in well.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared tin & bake for 35-40 minutes until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool completely.
- FOR THE ICING: In a bowl melt ~1TBSP canola margarine, and add 3/4 cup icing sugar. Mix well and slowly add lime juice until the icing is as thin/ thick as you prefer if to be.
Share this Post